Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sometimes it's Butterflies!!!!

Remember one of my early posts 'I saw a Fly'? Living in Tokyo I found it was a bit of a creature void.
This quick pictorial post is to show that it's not all buildings and bustle ......... sometimes it's butterflies!

Like this one Marion and I saw at Sankeien Gardens........

or these that Paula and I saw at the Yamate Italian Garden.
Sometimes it may be flowers......
It just depends where you are!!




Henry, Sophie and I love giraffes...........but this guy is still my favourite!!!

He's a 'Shoebill Stork' that I saw at the Ueno Zoo, north of central Tokyo. Before seeing the bird, I thought the sign was a typical 'Lost in Translation' spelling mistake. The picture, however, demonstrates the appropriateness of the name. It's a solitary, silent bird and stands at over a metre tall. Native to Africa it feeds on frogs, small crocodiles, lungfish and other mud puddle fish. A big bird with a big diet. I love him!!



.......and has 'Alfred' turned Japanese?........If he has, his manners have improved!!
 
 One thing for sure...it's a great place to just lie about and daydream!!!!
 Maybe it's more your style to just hang out with friends!!!

This shot was taken at Nogeyama Zoo in Oimatsu-cho, just west of Sakuragicho. Others were taken in Kyoto, Sankeien Gardens, Yamate, Ueno, Asakusa and Chinatown

2 comments:

  1. That's definitely not Alfred! He's way to neat and tidy...Alfred is literally one big dreadlock at the moment...in desperate need of a hair-do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought maybe Alfred had gone on holiday to Japan and had a make over!!

    ReplyDelete